Doon GAA

Founded 1888

Co. Limerick

Club History

Doon GAA club is a Gaelic Athletic Association club, founded in 1888. It is based in the village of Doon in County Limerick, Ireland. The club is part of the East Division of the Limerick GAA and has a tremendous record at underage level, but has yet to win a County Senior Hurling Championship. The club only plays hurling, but footballers in the parish play with neighbouring Oola.

The club was founded in 1888; it is one of the oldest clubs in the county. The club took part in competitions both in east Limerick and also in west Tipperary during the later years of the 19th century.

The GAA pitch is located just off the main street on the Toher road. The grounds were opened in 1994 and dressing rooms were completed in 2002. The facilities include a full-sized pitch with nets behind each goal, an underage sized pitch with nets behind each goal, a covered stand, four dressing rooms and a hurling wall.


Download ClubZap

Get live information for Club on the ClubZap App

App Store Google Play